ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DomNY
Junior MemberPosts: 42Gear list
Like?
Micro 4/3 purchase Vs DSLR - Image Quality only
Nov 29, 2012

Greetings,

I am looking to upgrade my Sony DSC-R1 due to the ridiculously poor LCD panel (60+ yr old eyes).  I have shot 95% landscapes and 5% portraits over the years using Medium and Large format, 35mm and now Sony R1.

I have found that the Panasonic G5 (4/3) and Sony A77 (DSLR) have all the features I require and some well reviewed lenses. I want excellent image quality but don't need a second hernia operation to get it.  I use a tripod for 99% of my shots to get the last bit of quality I can.

Now for my question:

Based on image quality alone - How much, if any should I expect to lose with the Panny Vs the Sony when 12 x 18 are the largest prints I now make?

I am hoping someone here has had experience with these or similar systems and can provide an opinion based on that experience and the type of images I take. I am fascinated by the small size of the 4/3 cameras, but I am unsure of the real-life results.

Thanks

Dom

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow