Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 4,099Gear list
Like?
Re: ?????????????????
In reply to Leonard Shepherd, Nov 28, 2012

Leonard Shepherd wrote:

saikou wrote:

Thom Hogan says...

If you're not aware of the "D800 left-sensor focus problem", you need to be. For quite some time in 2012 Nikon shipped a large number of cameras with sensor alignment issues.

Whatever Thom says about "large numbers", it is interesting none of the 91 links to images I have looked at dpreview used a test target likely to confirm a fault.

I am not saying nobody has a defective D800 - but based on the 91 images very few at dpreview seem to have had a D800 likely to be confirmed (with good testing) as having an AF issue

-- hide signature --

Leonard Shepherd
Many problems turn out to be a lack of intimate knowledge of complex modern camera equipment.

Leonard, you really couldn't be more wrong about this. As I had TWO D800 bodies and the later one had the left AF issue EXACTLY as described on these boards, there is ZERO doubt that this issue was a problem.

For some otherworldly reason, that only you know, you have defiantly made the above comment again and again. Yet you miss the HUGELY obvious point that the effected cameras cannot achieve proper focus with the left AF point REGARDLESS of the target. NOT EVER.

Can you fathom this? It's really very simple and it's the whole point. Samples really don't matter. Effected cameras can't EVER focus on the left side. My first body ALWAYS hits focus. It's difficult to get it to miss in fact. It's VERY reliable. But the effected body could not do the same. Do you know the difference between VERY reliable and NEVER reliable?

I think you are incredibly uninformed on this and assume you have another reason for trolling this topic.

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow