Sensor flaw on brand new X-E1 - Why ME??

Started Nov 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dabbler
Senior MemberPosts: 1,405Gear list
Like?
Sensor flaw on brand new X-E1 - Why ME??
Nov 28, 2012

Went out shooting with my brand new X-E1 and 18-55mm kit lens which arrived this afternoon. Upon reviewing the images I see a thin dotted (1pixel?) blue horizontal line the full width of the image. This line appears in both the in RAW and in camera JPG. The line also briefly appears on the LCD but disappears after focus is acquired. Below is a sample image taken against a blank beige wall. I've reformatted the SHDC card, run sensor cleaning routine in the vain hopes that its not the sensor but the perfectly straight line looks like a scanline to me.

Sample of horizontal line in all new images on brand new X-E1

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Not sure if I need to send this off to Fuji (perish the thought) or back to Amazon. I'm very disappointed, needless to say. OK, I admit it, I'm crushed. And for the record of the many Nikon's (Coolpixes, D50 through D800 etc) I've purchased over the years I have never received one from the factory with any flaws. Ever.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks much.

-- hide signature --

Michael

Dabbler's gear list:Dabbler's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 RX100 III Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 +12 more
Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D50 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow