Started Nov 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Tommot1965
Contributing MemberPosts: 933Gear list
Like?
Re: From Nikon D700 to OMD EM5
In reply to marike6, Nov 28, 2012

marike6 wrote:

Jorginho wrote:

IQ is very good, D700 IQ is a bit better though.

Only on the m43 forums would you read "a bit better". To me no qualifier is needed. The D700 IQ is better. The question is do you really need a D700 for the photography you do, whether for work or hobby or creative outlet when a camera like the EM-5 is capable of making extraordinarily good images as are many of today's mirrorless cameras.

Personally, I couldn't see myself giving up a FF DSLR ever as I use mine too much, and for many different things including HDSLR video shooting. And Nikkor lenses are investments that never decrease in value, and many times, increase as we see year after year prices going up and Nikkor lenses commanding high prices on Ebay. So my advice is to buy an E-M5 WITHOUT selling all your gear first. Take it from someone who has sold more camera gear and regretted it after, think long and hard about what you are doing before you list all your gear. You may regret it.

On a side note, your post gave me a great idea: I'll buy a used D700 to back up my Nikon DSLR. I have always loved images from the D700.

Good luck, Markus

sound advice....thanks

it will take some doing for me to sell my 70-200VRII..as it took a long time to save for that lump of glass..you know what its like ..it may only be metal and glass..but it would be a age for me to buy it back again...

so Ill do as you advise..try and then perhaps buy the OMD..and see how it sits with me ...im sure Ill have no probs selling my Nikon gear if and when that day comes

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow