Nex-7 battery grip

Started Nov 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
alvie
Regular MemberPosts: 197
Like?
Re: Nex-7 battery grip
In reply to fwong09, Nov 28, 2012

fwong09 wrote:

Sounds very interesting. Ive got a few quetions though cause searching on the web yields very little infrmation about the grip itself and there only seems to be one thread here that talks about the grip...

My main purpose in getting this is to extend battery life when trying to do time lapse shots and I own 3 of the batteries for the Nex 7. From what Ive read, it seems that the grip supports 2 batteries and I want to see if you cqn comfirm that. Also, Id like to know if it came with the remote as I find that itd be useful for long exposures (especially when using the "bulb" setting). Although I know theres an IR remote that allows for this feature for a cheaper price, the one thing that intrigues me is the grips ability to extend battery life without interruption...

Ite be great if you find that you have answers for my concerns! Thanks for reading.

The battery grip does support 2 batteries but it does not have a connection for a cable release.  It appears to have a connection for a DC power supply.  For my long exposures I use an Opteka RC-3 remote control, which works just fine for me.  Please check out this you tube video on the battery grip.  Its in German but you get what they're saying.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDyKeNC1CD0.  Good luck and I hope I was of some help.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow