Dear Sigma, I'm not keeping the DP1 Merrill.

Started Nov 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Lin Evans
Forum ProPosts: 15,805Gear list
Like?
Re: It's really not smart to return a DP1 or DP2 Merrill
In reply to barjohn, Nov 28, 2012

Hi John,

After reading your experience with AF, I believe you either had a defective camera or there may be some issue with the firmware even though you upgraded. This is just not the norm for this camera. I have no problems at all focusing on people and obviously, from the huge number of others who have posted "people" pictures, neither do they.

I've used all the earlier models of DP cameras, though I didn't purchase a DP until the DP2 Merrill, and the autofocus compared to earlier models is like night and day. Compared to my rather extensive collection of other contrast detection AF digicams, my DP2 Merrill is faster and always spot on. I have not taken a single out of focus image with it whether shooting day, evening or even in nearly dark.

Seriously, I believe the problem is your individual camera. Your experience is just too different from that of the majority for there to be that much individual subjective variance.

Best regards,

Lin

-- hide signature --

learntomakeslidshows.net

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow