Help Pls!! Just got Minolta lens 50mm. 1.7

Started Nov 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
PORTRAIT
Contributing MemberPosts: 875Gear list
Like?
Re: Help Pls!! Just got Minolta lens 50mm. 1.7
In reply to VirtualMirage, Nov 28, 2012

VirtualMirage wrote:

I would almost put money on it saying the aperture blades are sticking. My Minolta 50mm 1.7 (crossed XX's version) did the exact same thing due to oil on the blades. It now sits as a paperweight on my bookshelf since I ended up getting a Sony 50mm f/1.4 brand new when I was unable to fix the problem.

These older 50mm are pretty well known for oil seeping onto the blades. Their age and how they were stored have a lot to do with this. Sometimes you can fix this by dismantling the lens (it is pretty easy) and cleaning it up. In my case, it did not work. Oil began reappearing on the blades a few weeks later.

The other possibility is a sticking lever that controls the movement of the blades. My Beercan 70-210 did this recently. Repeatedly moving the lever helped loosen it back up where it began working fine again. This was probably due to it not being used for some months.

-- hide signature --

Paul

Yeah, that's what I highly suspect indeed... I mean it was pretty inexpensive lens,but I do aspect things work in a proper condition. It look like the seller is a reasonable person, I'll try to return it since it is a local deal.

Thanks for your help.

-- hide signature --

Marco
SONY SLT A55
NIKON P 6000
CANON A80
Photography it's all about...Art & Science
http://marcoimages.blogspot.com/

PORTRAIT's gear list:PORTRAIT's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P6000 Canon PowerShot SX500 IS Sony SLT-A55 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Sony 75-300mm F4.5-5.6 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow