Zoso777
Regular MemberPosts: 232Gear list
Like?
Re: What's wrong?!
In reply to Hugowolf, Nov 28, 2012

Hugowolf wrote:

Zoso777 wrote:

Quantum Help wrote:

The one that was done in LR does look better, but the very 1st one looks like white paper in the background in two places, slightly out of focus in both. All the rest look like some king of light source, our of focus (because of the aperture leaf shape and very out of focus.

I would shield the backgrouns from the light sources bu using a large sheet of black art paper to prevent the light source from throwing light in the background./

Maybe, I should have used a smaller aperture to improve the DOF since smoke was moving forward and backward.

It might be a lot easier to add the smoke in post processing, and concentrate on the jewelry and background lighting during the shoot. There are lots of free smoke effects for Photoshop. Do a Google on 'smoke brushes Photoshop free'. Some of them are much better than others.

Brian A

Thanks Brian, I almost don't use PS but I will search for that!

-- hide signature --

Are you nervous? Go photographing!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hegner/

Zoso777's gear list:Zoso777's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow