Started Nov 28, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kmoore
Regular MemberPosts: 364
Like?
Flash techniques for Concerts
Nov 28, 2012

While I never use flash at concerts to preserve the ambiance, convenience, want for not blinding others, and whatnot Iv recently come across a venue that was almost too dark to get anything (First page and a half on my flickr linked below) Iso 12800, auto-focus almost being useless etc.

So I was wondering what you would do for lighting is this case or in circumstances where you just want to use flash to get something other than silhouettes when they dont use front lighting.

My thoughts were to use manual flash on minimum power with some type of diffuser that blocks light from going back to the audience and using Slow sync to capture ambient lighting. I'm reluctant to try it since I feel like I would be "That guy with the bright flash" since I cant see whats going on outside the viewfinder.

Also of note: By concerts I'm referring to small venues that dont care about cameras, not the big photo pass 3 song limit venues.

ANSWER:
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow