Mack Warranty and PC Nation (How they will treat you in a pinch.)

Started Nov 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Pearlie
Forum MemberPosts: 94
Like?
Re: Mack Warranty and PC Nation (How they will treat you in a pinch.)
In reply to Pearlie, Nov 28, 2012

Pearlie wrote:

em_dee_aitch wrote:

Narcosynthesis wrote:

olindacat wrote:

Still another asked why I didn't 'rent'. Come to Maui and show me a rental place with D800Es available for rent. Believe me, I'd rent in one hour if I could.

It may not be available locally, but it should certainly be possible to get a body rented and shipped out to you, so you would only be down for a day or two.

So far the story sounds about what I would expect for a standard warranty - I have no doubt it will be sorted out in the end, just it can take time to go through the process.

Would it perhaps be worth looking to joining the Nikon Professional Services or other professional targeted service in the future? I believe the Mack warranty is just a standard 'you break it, we fix it' service, while some of the fancier options will supply loaner cameras and quick turnarounds for those that are relying on the cameras.

I am interested in what exactly happened to your camera to have it ripped apart, you don't happen to know the guy who got a 5dIII eaten by a lion recently?

BTW, I suppose somebody here should remind those who have not previously purchased a Mack warranty that the most common/standard/default Mack warranty that has been offered over the years is ONLY a warranty and not insurance. i.e. it would cover breakage due to manufacturer defect or parts wearing out, but it not cover accidental damage like this. I think the implication from the OP, as he was not explicit (at least not in the first post), is that he purchased one of their higher level agreements that is insurance in addition to being a warranty... My only point is be sure you understand the type of of agreement you are buying and don't think it's insurance if it's not. Also, if you own lots of equipment purchasing a separate insurance policy and keeping your extended warranties at the warranty-only level will be cheaper in the long run when compared to buying insurance separately on every single piece of new gear.

-- hide signature --

David Hill
http://www.sanfranciscoweddingphotographer.com
San Francisco & San Jose, CA | Austin, TX
Wedding Photographer and Apparent Gearhead

You are right it is not an insurance.. There is a big difference between an extended warranty and a no fault warranty.  it was a 3-year Diamond no fault warranty as long as he does not lose it, does not blatenly run over it, does not get stolen, or catches on fire, the Dude is covered! Then he is in Good Hands with Allstate! Wedding & Studio Photographers should go the Insurance route!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow