7D owners did you consider Sony SLT-A77

Started Nov 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Klaus dk
Senior MemberPosts: 1,985Gear list
Like?
Re: 7D owners did you consider Sony SLT-A77
In reply to hehateme, Nov 28, 2012

I have had three Canon APS-C cameras over the last two-and-a-half years, the 1000D, the 550D and the 7D in that order. I chose the 7D because of the short shutter lag, fast AF (I take portraits) and the 100% viewfinder. I also own the 15-85 and it is a great lens for every day casual shooting. I mostly use primes for portraits, mainly because of the better price/performance ratio and fast AF.

I considered the A99 because of FF and the availability of Carl Zeiss lenses, but five minutes with the EVF recently was enough to make me forget all about it. This of course is a matter of personal taste, but having used an OVF for more than forty years, the EVF is not yet good enough to convince me. Horizontal lines would flicker and the refresh rate was slow (analogue is real time with the speed of light, literaly).

Other aspects may be more important to you, but this is my experience. If you ask the same question in the Sony Alpha forum, you will most likely get different answers.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Klaus dk's gear list:Klaus dk's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow