Changing from Canon to Nikon, am I forgetting something?

Started Nov 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ToTheEnd
Junior MemberPosts: 45
Like?
Changing from Canon to Nikon, am I forgetting something?
Nov 28, 2012

Hello all!

Long time... and lot of news. To make a long story short, I'm tired of Canon after having spent 10 or 15 years with it. Basically, very poor handling of AF with the 5DmII over 4 years and the price hike for the 5DmIII definitely convinced me that this company doesn't deserve any additional money from my side.

I'm turning to the community as, to be perfectly honest, I don't know Nikon. Of course, I read reviews and as Nikon is one of the main competitor of Canon, I believe they make great stuff. As I don't know this brand very well, I want to make sure I'm not forgetting something.

This is my actual Canon material:

Canon SL580EX II Speedlite Flash

Canon Objektiv EF 16-35mm, f/2.8L II USM

Canon Objektiv EF 50mm f/1.2L USM

Canon Extender EF 1.4x II

Canon EOS 5D MKII, 21 Megapixel

Canon Objektiv EF 24-70mm, f/ 2.8 L USM

Canon Objektiv EF 100-400mm, f/4.5-5.6L IS USM

Canon RS-80 N3

Canon RC-5

And I want to take this:

NIKON AF-S 14-24mm F/2.8G ED

NIKON AF-S 50mm F/1.4G

Nikon D800, 36.3 MP Body

NIKON AF-S 24-70mm F/2.8G ED

NIKON AF VR 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6D ED

NIKON MC-DC2

NIKON ML-L3

I don't need a Nikon Flash as now I have access to pro flashes (and D800 comes with a small flash anyway), don't need an extender and the 50mm 1.4 should be enough vs the Canon 1.2!

Now, is the remote MC-DC2 compatible with the D800? (not clear on the website)

As for lenses... to say the least, I found it very difficult to understand the naming convention of Nikon! Are those lenses OK? Are they equivalent to Canon L serie?

Thanks,

T

Canon EOS 5D Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow