Started Nov 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
narddogg81
Contributing MemberPosts: 974
Like?
Just got a d600. It is fantastic
Nov 28, 2012

I just moved from a d7000 to a d600, and im actually pretty shocked at how much better the IQ seems to be on the d600, considering the d7000 was great.  I wasnt expecting so great of a jump.  I was always skeptical about the full frame advantage, but not anymore. Color is better, color transitions look smoother, metering is better, autofocus is better in low light especially, dynamic range and highlight/shadow recovery is better, noise is better and detail is retained even at high iso, and per-pixel sharpness is better.  And its been a pleasant surprise that it is making my old nikon 35-70 2.8 D push pull that i bought on a whim look great.  I was always disappointed with its performance on the d7000 (looked soft), but when used on a 35mm format its wonderfully crisp.  I have had some dust, but it just blows right off with a rocket blower, and if necessary a wet clean is not difficult.  Its just better in every way, except for i will need to get used to the smaller focus point area.  im thoroughly pleased.

Nikon D600 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow