Tell me your process from RAW to JPEG

Started Nov 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
paparios
Regular MemberPosts: 428Gear list
Like?
Re: Tell me your process from RAW to JPEG
In reply to Squancho, Nov 28, 2012

Squancho wrote:

Hey guys, so my question is: What is your process from upload to final save? I put a lot of my photos online whether it be FB or digitalrev.com or whatever so obviously I have to downscale my RAW photos. Right now what I do is upload them to a file, create a sub folder in that final named "resized" or something along those lines and throw them into a droplet to reduce the size and save as jpeg in order for them to be suitable to put online. Then I will go through and edit the ones I see fit to put online after resizing them. Theres a huge chance this is completely wrong and I'm way off, thats what I'm trying to find out. I use Photoshop CS6 to edit and Bridge CS6 to organize. to Is there an easier way? What do you do? Tell me your opinions! I'm totally open minded, thanks in advance!

-Shane.

Well, here is my list:

1) Shoot in RAW.

2) Using EOSUtility, download the RAW files to a directory in my PC.

3) Process the RAW files using Lightroom 4.3 and save the full size JPEGs to a processed directory.

4) Use Faststone 4.6 to see the results and to reduce the size (tipically 1800x1200 will fill my 24 inches 1920x1200 pixels monitor and the size will be on the order of 500 kbytes per picture).

Miguel

paparios's gear list:paparios's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
imqqmi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow