Olympus Om. on XPro

Started Nov 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Vic Chapman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,987Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus Om. on XPro
In reply to rich789, Nov 28, 2012

I've read a couple of blogs and a 50mm legacy lens test which puts the OM S type 50mm f1.8 at the top of the pile when matched with XP1/XE1 via adapter.

I use a Nikon 50mm on my XP1 but the focal length at 75mm equivalent is a bit "neither one thing or the other". I find the 85mm f1.8 more useful and another blogger who tried the OM 50mm 1.8 and 100mm f2.8 found the same thing. The OM 50mm is a great lens (I had one once) but not an ideal focal length. However it will probably make a better portrait lens than either the Fuji 35 or Fuji 18-55 zoom bokeh-wise.

The very fast f1.4 lenses are a little too large when fitted to the end of an adapter (which itself is about half the size of a 50mm lens).

-- hide signature --

The sky is full of holes that let the rain get in, the holes are very small - that's why the rain is thin.
Spike Milligan

Vic Chapman's gear list:Vic Chapman's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow