Started Nov 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JackM
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,597Gear list
Like?
RX1 Price
Nov 28, 2012

You would have to buy a Canon 5DII for $1800 while they last, or a Canon 6D for $2100, and the new Canon 35/2 for $850 to match the performance of the RX1. And then you have a bulky, conspicuous camera that you can't fit into *any* pocket. The RX1 will at least slip into a large coat pocket, and can be used more discretely.  In that sense it could be the best reportage camera in existence.

Still though, I agree that if I were actually about to plunk down my credit card on a camera like this, I would probably wait for the Fuji XE-1 and a 23/1.4 just for the option of changing lenses. Or I would wait for the Fuji X200. I think you have to really crave FF to go for this Sony. But I do admire the camera and Sony for having the guts.

JackM's gear list:JackM's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM +6 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X20 Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
HmmmNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow