I'm a believer, 6400 ISO C3/Zeiss 24mm

Started Nov 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jerry R
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,686
Like?
If you can eliminate motion, hand holding at 1/30 of a sec, your better than most pros.
In reply to uhligfd, Nov 28, 2012

If you can eliminate motion, hand holding at 1/30 of a sec, your better than most pros. Back in the 1970s an article compared images taken by a very respected wildlife photographer. He took hand held pics at 1/1000 of a sec and the same pics with a camera on a tripod. The hand held pics, when viewed with a loop, would not be acceptable for publication. I usually found, in the good old film days, that a speed of 1/focal length was good enough. With the ability to crop digital images from 16 meg to 1 meg (for viewing on a screen, not prints) a much faster shutter speed is required. 1/24 sec would not produce clear 1 meg crops.

On a personnel not, I have been holding cameras (properly) probably since before you were born.

Not as steady as I use to be, but still will put my technique up against someone who is 50 years young without the years of experience.

-- hide signature --

Canon A2E, Sony R1, Panny TZ5, Nikon D5000, & NEX C3/Zeiss 24mm E Lens

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow