Started Nov 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ulfeee
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Nov 28, 2012

Hello,
I am attempting to put together lighting for a small basement home studio. I initially purchased a 3 small softbox set by ephoto though amazon with 5500K bulbs but was very disappointed in the light they produced. To me it looked too cold (bluish). This was several months ago.
Last month I accompanied a friend who was going to a photog to get pictures of the kids done for Christmas cards. This woman's setup was a large (appr 4ft) softbox producing this lovely soft glowing warm continuous light that was positioned in front and she had a single strobe pointed at the background. She shot with a D700. The pics came out great. In retrospect I should have just asked her for the make model of the box and head but I didn't want to take away from my friends photo experience.
So I decided that was what I needed for my studio and I hit the internet. After much research I thought that 2 Alien Bees B800 units with a 46" Softlighter and a 32x40 softbox would be perfect. And then I searched for Kelvin rating of the B800 bulb and it's also 5500K.
I am now worried that the light from the B800's will be cold just like it was with the ephoto set. What are my options? Is 5500K the standard for studio lights? How can I get that lovely warm light? Thanks in advance.
Andy

Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow