hex anon
Forum MemberPosts: 76Gear list
Like?
Re: sensor cleaning
In reply to Brian_Downunda, Nov 28, 2012

Brian_Downunda wrote:

uhligfd wrote:

I think there are actually 3 - 5 stages of sensor cleaning:

stage 0: use camera cleaning itself (of little use in my experience), check result

stage 1: use blower a few times at angles, check result

stage 2: use lenspen gently, check result

stage 3: use fluids, check result.

stage 4 : if still full of blodges at f/22 try a professional service.

So : do not forget about stage 2 BEFORE going to stage 3, the very last and most - potentially - destructive one. Good luck!

Fully agree, esp the last comment. Doing stages 0-2 properly and checking the sensor with an illuminated magnifier is tbe best protection against causing damage at stage 3.

My only addition is that I would use a Copperhill brush before the Lenspen at stage 2.

If you do stages 0-2 regularly and change lenses carefully then stage 3 should be needed only rarely. Things tend not to stick to the NEX sensor (AA filter) like they do in a dSLR.

B.

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to respond and for the good input. Yes, the time has come for a wet cleaning. I'll proceed carefully, and will soon have a nice clean sensor again.

Again, thanks to each of you who took the time to reply.

hex anon

hex anon's gear list:hex anon's gear list
Nikon D7000 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow