Started Nov 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Edymagno
Senior MemberPosts: 2,878Gear list
Like?
I'm growing an itch. SONY RX1
Nov 28, 2012

After being unsuccessful getting a good small light camera that delivers quality for my personal photography, I'm growing a strong itch for a Sony RX1.

First I bought a Panasonic G3. Sold it because I just couldn't get comfortable abut the camera. I don't know what exactly was, but it didn't fill right.

Second, I bought a G1X and sold it because of its languid slowness. The IQ was top notch aand to a certain extent I regret I sold it.

Third, I bought a 4Ti with a 18-55 kit lens. Nice touch screen, superb (Canon) interface, probably the best. The IQ is not as good as the G1X. It's great for a $100.00 lens but at full screen size on a 27 iMac the pictures look "aps'ish". The pictures from the G1X look full frame. Well, at least to my eyes or with my copies.

So, my 4Ti may be for sale soon. Of all these cameras, I think this is the one that's is going to be the hardest to sell, or to sell at the biggest lost. I got Ps Cs6 to improve the quality of its raws and it did by a small amount, but the same thing happens to the raws from the G1X in my computer. I just ordered a 40mm pancake for its good IQ and terrific price as tonight. Maybe this will make me love the camera some more (enough) to keep it.

After all these mishaps of lately I've been developing a strong itch for the Sony RX1. Thinking about a camera that fits on the palm of a child yet it will deliver enough quality for great 24X36" prints, catapults me again for the search of this "holy grail".

Many of you would say that $2,7k is a lot of money but this camera it's going to compete in IQ with an M9 for a fourth the price. A fixed 35mm lens is universal. It was great for fixed lens cameras in the film days. Why this equation would be different now?   Nothing has changed but the means of capture from chemical to electronic. Everything else is the same.

In my opinion the original EOS M is just a blooper. The Sony RX line is going to be more important to photography making than anything from Fuji so far or any M43 system.

Comments?

Eduardo

Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow