Mack Warranty and PC Nation (How they will treat you in a pinch.)

Started Nov 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
olindacat
Regular MemberPosts: 200Gear list
Like?
Re: Mack Warranty and PC Nation (How they will treat you in a pinch.)
In reply to lhowhang, Nov 28, 2012

This is not a negative or a positive thread on Mack. It is just a chronology.

I will continue to update this as things transpire.

Mack has good reason to be shuffling in lieu of the storm. My only point is as a safety net for us, no matter what, we should be able to describe our experiences honestly, without shame.

One post here questions my need to shoot 116-pages of editorial. I own the publication and thus know my page count. I am paid by Maui's courses to shoot their fairways for publication each year by 1/1. So, I know what I need to do.

Another post asked why I didn't have a D600 as a back-up. I do. But a D600 isn't a D800E. Sorry, but I love the D800E.

Still another asked why I didn't 'rent'. Come to Maui and show me a rental place with D800Es available for rent. Believe me, I'd rent in one hour if I could.

Regarding Pearl: she is a gem. She saw my camera and called it 'toast'. I thought between her and me and the photographic evidence we could get a speedy resolution.

I feel bad about the storm, and personally suffered for it too, as I own a home 25 minutes from Springfield.

My only goal here is to bare out the process and the facts as they come, so future buyers of these warranties will manage their own expectations accordingly.

olindacat's gear list:olindacat's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW100 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow