Here's my Cyber Monday deal...

Started Nov 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
jkuo
Regular MemberPosts: 187
Like?
Re: You'll save hundreds, not just $35 as you suggest...
In reply to Jim Cockfield, Nov 28, 2012

Jim Cockfield wrote:

IOW, see the $679.99 deal mentioned in my last post at the bottom of this page:
http://www.techbargains.com/dellcoupons.cfm

That would give you an XPS 8500, Core i7 3770, 8GB of 1600Mhz DDR3 (2x4GB leaving two open slots) HD 7570 video card, Wireless N and Bluetooth, 2TB 7200rpm drive and more for $679.99 after a coupon code.

Then, just add to it yourself (buy 2x4GB of DDR3 so you'd have 16GB total for $35.99; buy a Blu-Ray writer for $79.99, buy a 256GB mSATA SSD for $206.99, buy a GTX 660 for around $229); so that you'd only have around $1152 invested in the system that's equivalent to what Dell was charging around $1499 for.

Thanks, Jim... I appreciate the advice.  If you can find the special coupon codes to bring down the price, that's awesome.  I was only responding to your earlier message where you had advised the OP to get the upgrade parts separately and add them in himself in order to get the "hundreds of dollars" in savings, without mentioning anything about using coupon codes.  Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that most of the savings is actually derived from getting these special coupons and not from ordering upgrade parts separately, which without the special coupon code would only result in minimal savings that may not be worth the hassle for most folks.

Cheers,

jkuo

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow