Started Nov 28, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
y2kh8r
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Looking for $200-ish camera with normal ("AA"?) batteries
Nov 28, 2012

I need a camera to take photos of bicycles for my shop. My current camera was an $80 cheap-o that I snatched up simply because my old one died and I needed something ASAP. Now, it's about a year later and I'm ready to turn my old camera into a hand-me-down. I'm actually getting some decent pics, provided the lighting is right.

I've been taking photos in shaded areas, outside- because this is where I'm seeing the best performance. In full sun, the photos look washed out. Maybe it's the camera, I don't know. Because of this, I've been looking for something that does well in low light, but it occurs to me that maybe a better camera would open up my photography options. Bear in mind that bicycles tend to have shiny parts, hence the shaded area pics.

I know that $200 is chump change when it comes to digital cameras, but hopefully someone can lead me to a good "bang-for-buck" option. I don't know a ton about cameras, so a point and shoot with automatic settings is probably my best bet. I'd prefer to buy new, but used isn't completely out of question.

I really am stuck on a camera that uses normal batteries, such as "AA" or "AAA", as I like to be able to swap them out at any given time, and I have lots of rechargeables on hand already.

I don't need massive zoom capabilities.  I won't be taking pictures of anything farther than about 10 feet away. I will be taking close up pictures of parts, so macro photography ability would be nice.

Let's see if the forum will let me insert pictures, being a new user and all..

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow