Started Nov 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ukbondraider
New MemberPosts: 20
Like?
Why is the Samsung NX20 unpopular?
Nov 28, 2012

Managed to bag myself a bargain NX20 mainly because no one else wanted to buy it.

Guy wins a new NX20 in a competition but has no interest in expensive cameras so puts it on for sale at various websites.  His initial asking price was £600 based on the £800 retail price but after many weeks has no interest.   To cut a long story short he accepts his only £370 offer from me and is happy to have shifted it.

Even at £370 I wasn't too sure about buying at as I could have got a Nikon 5100 for £305 new from a store.

I guess that is the problem with this camera.  Too big to be portable (unlike the NX1000 with pancake lens) and big enough that you may as well buy a proper DSLR.

Any thoughts?  Could it be that Samsung just aren't a recognised brand in cameras?

Surely with the 16mm, 30mm and 50-200mm lens, this kit is a decent kit for cheapish money.  Is the NX20 a better camera than the Nikon 5100 and similar DLSRs?  I really do find its £799 price tag absurdly high.

Samsung NX1000 Samsung NX20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow