a99 EVF Change Request

Started Nov 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
sv2012
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
Re: a99 EVF Change Request
In reply to DavieK, Nov 28, 2012

DavieK wrote:

Boni - please do this for me. Change your DRIVE mode from single shot to 3fps LO speed. Now shoot some single pictures using this mode - it is easy, the 3fps is slow enough for taking single frames.

Tell me if you get the same SLOW shutter action - on my A99, it ranges from 340 milliseconds at short shutter speeds (1/200th or faster) to longer according to the shutter speed - that is 1/3rd of a second. Also the finder blacks out for about 1/10th to 1/8th of second. That is in single frame shooting mode.

Setting it to Lo Drive mode changes this completely. The delay no longer happens. There is no blackout.

I am testing this now and I believe the A99 has a programming error in its operating firmware.

If others can please test this and let me know, I have all the figures ready to send to Sony and get this issue fixed.

David

David,

I got short blackout with both single frame and lo drive mode but no blackout in Hi drive mode. Shot at 1/400 and 2.8.

-- hide signature --

--sv2012

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow