First Full-Frame Camera: 6D or 5D MkII ?

Started Nov 28, 2012 | Questions thread
BillCat
Contributing MemberPosts: 947
Like?
I have a 5D II and will get a 6D
In reply to oneside8, Nov 28, 2012

It all depends on what you want. I expect the 6D image quality to have a bit more magic than the 5D2 and better high ISO. You don't say what you shoot.

What I like about the 6D:

WiFi built in, I think that will be great. I'm ordering an iPad holder so that I can show shots as I take them, or shortly there after. Typically I walk over to the subject every so often and show shots on my camera's LCD. Using an iPad will be wonderful. Also I can have a server somewhere downloading photos automatically for quick sharing.

Then camera control over wifi. That'll be nice for taking photos of the stars when I don't want to get out of my car or tent. Last week I was trying to take a photo of my family in a tree and having wireless camera control would have been nice.

Silent shutter: That will be really nice at quiet areas.

One focus point that can focus? I hope so. I'm often in dim light and if it can do what it says that will be nice. I have to struggle with the 5D2 often. I'd like 50+ points but if the one focus point works well I'll be happy. And it would be a bonus if the outer points work better than my 5D2.

I'm not an action shooter, but the 6D should be good enough for what I do.

-- hide signature --

-Bill

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow