Challenge Creating Page Suggestion.

Started Nov 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
barb_s
Contributing MemberPosts: 638Gear list
Like?
Re: Challenge Creating Page Suggestion.
In reply to Slynky, Nov 28, 2012

My first thoughts are, I also would like to make challenges more interesting but not take on the burden of data checking.  It makes sense to have a pixel limit  or size limit available and to have the software check it when it's submitted.

It also would only be good to add more to the capture date rule if DPR can check the exif , rather than go with the date people seem to be able to change to circumvent the rule.

Even though I won't host a 200 + challenge, it does seem like they have their value here because they fill up , and somehow people do vote on them, so I don't support a limit. I do think having a few choices is a good idea.

I think having radio button choices  is a good idea for new hosts. AS implied in the template here, I'd like to see DPR ask existing hosts for their  various "additional rules" and make them available to seed new challenges if checked (along with an "other fill in").

-- hide signature --

Barb

barb_s's gear list:barb_s's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 30mm F3.5 Macro +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow