Started Feb 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Hugowolf
Forum ProPosts: 11,525
Like?
Re: I love my iPF6300
In reply to KatManDEW, Nov 28, 2012

KatManDEW wrote:

Hugowolf wrote:

I cannot comment on the Ilford paper, I may have tried a sample at some point but have never printed on it regularly, or perhaps it is a fairly new introduction. I have used Hahnemühle Photo Rag and Canson Rag Photographique. I now only occasionally use the Hahnemühle for B&W, I much prefer the Canson for everything else, including color, near B&W, sepia tones, etc.

The Canson paper has much less propensity to recurl (sheets and rolls), has better color separation, and a slightly smoother surface.

Ilford appear to have two smooth rags: a 310 g/m² Galerie Prestige Smooth Fine Art Matt, which from Ernst Dinkla's spectral plots looks close to Hahnemühle Photo Rag; and a 330 g/m² Galerie Prestige Gold Cotton Smooth, which appears closer to the Canson Rag Photographique. (OBAs in Hahnemühle and Fine Art Mat, and none in the Canson and Gold Cotton.)

You might want to consider a new thread, I don't think the current title will draw many responses.

Brian A

Thanks very much for the informative and thoughtful reply. I searched and found Ernst Dinkla's site. Wow... Very interesting.

A great resource, if you haven't already, you should download SpectrumViz. He contributes here, occasionally, but more often on the Color Management and Printing forums at Lula.

Brian A

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow