D600, D700, or D800 - overasked for sure!!!

Started Nov 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
rpps
Senior MemberPosts: 1,240Gear list
Like?
Re: D600, D700, or D800 - overasked for sure!!!
In reply to BearsMom, Nov 27, 2012

I have a D700 and also a D600 but you know what I would prefer the the D700 more than the D600. My main reason for getting a D600 was that I had the option to crop a RAW file and still have a good quality Jpeg afterwards and that has been the case.

But after having the D600 for a month I have put it away and I am using the D700 more, to me it works well with all my zooms and primes and the clarity and sharpness to my eyes are much better than I can achieve with the D600.

I don't know what it is but I had the same thing when I went from a D90 to the D7000, my photos weren't as sharp as the D90. I think some times there is a camera that just work right and ticks all the right boxes and the D90 and D700 are one of those cameras from Nikon.

So I'm happy with my D700 and don't get carried away reading about the bigger 24MP sensor, the D700's sensor is only 12MP but I can get just as dynamic photo using that plus my photos are clearer, sharp and in focus. Also the smaller file size is a lot better to deal with on the CP.

Here's my 2 photos, taken of the same boring subject my backyard. I used the same aperture settings and I focussed on the large tree in the background with both cameras. To see the difference open the photo up from my library and look at the full size.

D600

D700

rpps's gear list:rpps's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow