Started Nov 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RolfGuenter
Regular MemberPosts: 206Gear list
Like?
Sports - Old Nikon 80-200 or modern third party lens
Nov 27, 2012

I'm new in this forum. I'll change from Minolta/Sony. I will get a new Nikon D7000 within the next days, and have just purchased a Tamron 70-200 (the newest one) on ebay since this was my lens when shooting soccer and tennis with my Sony A700 and I got it for a good price. But today I was very astonished about the relatively small prices for an older Nikon 80-200 2.8 shift zoom on ebay. I could not believe it - the comparable old (black) Minolta 70-200 2.8 costs about 60% more - if available.

I know that the Tamron was quite good on my Sony A700, although not the fastest AF - but will it be as good on the Nikon D7000?

So may be it is a little bit too late: Which lens is better an Nikon gear for Sports? A cheap old fast Nikon or a modern fast third party lens?

(By the way: Non SLT, OVF and the lenses were the main reasons for my decision to change. I was  happy to find a lot of pretty Nikon lenses with very good reviews on ebay for - sometimes - about half the price of an acceptable Sony/CZ lens - and especially lenses that I've always missed from Sony)

Nikon D7000 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow