Started Nov 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
otrman
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Recalibrating With Spyder 3 Studio SR
Nov 27, 2012

A few months ago I purchased a pair of Dell 27" U2711 monitors.  I chose the custom color setting on the display and ran Spyder 4.02  for the first time.  Everything seemed to work OK and I was getting very close color matching with my Epson 3880 using Epson paper, Epson Ink, and matching ICC profiles provided by Epson.

I picked up an Epson V750 scanner and noticed that I was not getting good matches when scanning using the Epson  Scan so I installed Silverfast 8.17 and calibrated the scanner with the Silverfast IT8 target and reference file.

I still don't get a satisfactory match even when using Silverfast to scan but am able to tweak the preview image to really closely match the photo I am scanning.  I just put the photo back in and scan it and it displays way much more closely.

I Then dedided to recalibrate the monitors using Spyder as mentioned above but I get hung up in a step that asked me to adjust the 3 RGB color bars produced after the Spyder reads the colors.  There don't seem to be and RGB controls in the monitors so I am perplexed as what to do next.

I used the "Recal" option.

Any ideas greatly appreciated,

Otrman

Casio Exilim EX-V7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow