Case is closed - I just bought Topaz Denoise for 1/2 price!

Started Nov 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 4,309Gear list
Like?
Re: Case is closed - I just bought Topaz Denoise for 1/2 price!
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, Nov 27, 2012

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

I played with both plugins just now on a ridiculously underexposed image I had previously tried to save. The first is the original. The second is my previous inexperienced effort using Lightroom. The third is after a few minutes playing with the two plugins tonight after watching the hour long video linked above.
---------------------------

Just to clarify a possible misunderstanding. The work to bring out the shadow detail was done in Lightroom.

The difference between photo 2 and 3 is that the denoising in 2 was done in Lightroom and the denoising in 3 was done in Topaz DeNoise.

Again, for emphasis, it was done by someone very inexperienced so better results are certainly possible and the difference in the results may be less dramatic if Lightroom was used by someone who knows what they are doing.

-- hide signature --

Florida

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow