D400/D8000 incoming...

Started Nov 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kerry Pierce
Forum ProPosts: 17,103Gear list
Like?
Re: D400/D8000 incoming...
In reply to JimPearce, Nov 27, 2012

hmmm, well, it doesn't make any more sense seeing that on NR than it does seeing it in a post here.  If Nikon is truly betting on the FX horse to win, instead of win/place/show, then they're backing a loser, IMO.  That's what they'd be doing by cutting out 1 of the top 2 DX models from their lineup.

Having the pro body and 8fps, how could they ever fill the price gap left by the d7k?  Well, they could dumb down the rest of the camera's features, essentially replacing the rest of the d300 feature list with the d7k feature list.  Wonderful....  I really don't want 39pt AF in place of the new Cam 3500....  So, they end up with a bunch of disappointed users on both ends of the spectrum.  D7k users aren't going to want to pay a lot more money for an upgrade.  D300 users aren't going to want to pay a lot of money for a downgrade....

On top of all that, they are going to add yet another, very expensive, FX camera?  All of this looks like the fast track to the bottom of the DSLR market share, unless they think the d3200 and d5200 are going to carry the lion's share of the market.

Sounds like rubbish to me, but we'll know soon enough.  Feb isn't that far off.

The good news is that the rumor mill seems to have turned on the lights and machines in the DX portion of the plant.  Perhaps more trustworthy news will be coming in the interim.

Kerry

-- hide signature --

my gallery of so-so photos
http://www.pbase.com/kerrypierce/root

Kerry Pierce's gear list:Kerry Pierce's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D7000 Nikon D5100 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow