Thom Hogan on D600 oil/dust issue

Started Nov 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: I don't think he's anti-Nikon
In reply to daizykae, Nov 27, 2012

daizykae wrote:

I'm not an avid fan but a regular reader of Thom. I don't read him as being negative and anti-Nikon at all. I find what he writes to be balanced and informative and in no way reactionary, which is a long way from the lather of some forum posts. Thom would get both the hysterical knee-jerk complaints, as well as the legitimate concerns via email all the time and I'm sure, not in equal measure. He's probably the one finding the negative Nikon rants even more tiresome. Of course he isn't right all the time and sometimes I haven't a clue of what he's saying but generally I think he does a pretty good job of verifying was he says before he says it. If there are problems, there's no point pretending otherwise and having that presented in a factual and calm way is a much more useful approach.

Day after day after day, with the same observations.  I suppose it is possible he does it, just in case somebody missed it the first 40 times.  How long did the observations go on about a "DX portrait lens" (still happening)?  Granted, the choice of 35, 50, 60, 75, 85 or 90 (even 105) might feel constrictive to some people, but how many?  13?  Yet we still have to be reminded often how stupid Nikon engineers and managers are for not providing this lens the day DX was introduced.

-- hide signature --

Roy

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow