d7000 vs d300, motorbike racing

Started Nov 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bobzilla2
Junior MemberPosts: 26Gear list
Like?
Re: Motocross
In reply to HSway, Nov 27, 2012

Very nice shots.  I can only hope to be getting something close to that.  I've not quite got anything that sharp or focussed yet (manual lenses and guess-the-exposure can be a bit tricky, need more practice).  I'll be interested to see how shots turn out with my new (old) lens - a Vivitar series 1 70-210 f3.5.  Thus far I've been restricted to a Series E 135mm f2.8, which has done ok, but not great.  Dust didn't help it.  Oh to be able to afford a newer AF f2.8.  Maybe when I have got the newer body (I don't see much point going for AF glass on a D60 body - think the body upgrade is the better spend at the minute).

Thanks.  Now to convince the Mrs.  In her case, permission is much better than forgiveness, as I doubt forgiveness would be that forthcoming!!

And yes, I know that may of the benefits of the D7000 vs the D300 will be lost by using manual glass (as it would appear to be mainly about AF), but the plan is to get an AF lens in the medium term, so the equation still holds.

Bobzilla2's gear list:Bobzilla2's gear list
Nikon D60 Nikon D300 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BTWNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow