Best long lens for Olympus OMD-E5

Started Nov 27, 2012 | Questions thread
goblin
Senior MemberPosts: 2,615Gear list
Like?
Re: Best long lens for Olympus OMD-E5
In reply to FileasFogg, Nov 27, 2012

FileasFogg wrote:

I have the Olympus OMD-E5 camera body. Purchased it this past summer. One of the things I like to shoot in addition to architecture, casuals, and others, I also like to shoot birds. Not necessarily birds in flight but like ducks on the water or Cormorants on boat buoys near the family cabin. Previously I had a Digital Rebel which was okay at taking these types of pictures with the 75mm-300mm lens, but I thought I could find a lens for the Oly that would be a longer lens. If I want to shoot these birds, and backyard hummingbirds as well which lens do you think would work best for my camera? Or should I go back to the Digital Rebel and just find a longer lens for that guy?

Your options are the Zuiko m43 75-300mm (better, pretty expensive), the Panasonic m43 100-300mm (less expensive) and the Micro Four Thirds forum. Good luck.

goblin's gear list:goblin's gear list
Ricoh GXR P10 28-300mm F3.5-5.6 VC Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-400 +31 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow