Started Nov 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ian Leach
Senior MemberPosts: 1,189
Like?
Tamron 17-50mm owners please comment
Nov 27, 2012

Could owners of the Tamron 17-50mm (non vc) comment on their experience with the lens. I took mine back as I felt it was too soft at the edges. The camera shop agreed and sent it back to Tamron but it was returned as good and no repair made. Luckily the camera shop agreed with me and has ordered another one to test. While I’m waiting I thought I would ask the opinion of others.

The image that convinced me to go with the Tamron was from a review buy ephotozine.com. A 17mm shot at f8 which looks sharp at the edges.

http://www.ephotozine.com/articles/Tamron-SP-AF-1750mm-f28-XR-LD-Aspherical-IF-Di11-4583/images/Tam17-50-17-f8.jpg

Below is a shot I took with my copy. All the images below are 900px wide so one click should open them up. The first is the overall image followed by 100% crops of center, right and left. You will notice that the edge objects fall well inside of the in focus objects of central crop.

As I said to the shop, my opinion, their opinion and Tamron’s opinion aren’t my real concern. The question is; if I gave this image to a client, would it be accepted as professional standard. I think not.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow