Sigma 30mm Portrait (non-caucasian for Tedolph)

Started Nov 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
joesilver
Regular MemberPosts: 346Gear list
Like?
Re: Linux rules! (OT)
In reply to HornOUBet, Nov 27, 2012

HornOUBet wrote:

I'm a Gates man from DOS 1.0 & 2.0.....my toy, on the other hand seems to like Linux for some reason.... (most) Windows users are however, unaware of the server population worldwide than run on Linux....

Most Windows users are probably not that computer-savvy - and that's not meant to be derogatory. They simply want a tool that works for their purposes. Nothing wrong with that!

I've been playing with various flavors of Linux for about 10 years, and now have Xubuntu installed on my netbook. However, my desktop computer is running Windows 7. Among other reasons, I want to run Lightroom and other commercial programs on their native OS. I maintain that, although I'm sure Linux is the superior choice for a server, desktop users are better off with one of the commercial OS's - Windows or Mac OS.

joesilver's gear list:joesilver's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow