Started Nov 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Edward Greenberg
Regular MemberPosts: 224Gear list
Like?
Travel Tripod recommendation
Nov 27, 2012

I know this subject has been gone over and over, but I have rather specific needs. Firstly, I don't want to spend a ton of money, but I don't want junk either. I've using a slik u212 for years, but it is not convenient for traveling. The tripod I purchase will be used occasionally mostly llandscapes, interiors of buildings, and off of cruise ships. I suppose as I have more time on my hand (I am retiring soon), it willl be used more. I have a Sony Alpha a77 with a few tele-zooms. the heaviest is the ber can. What tripo ball head combination would you suggesst. Needless to say It needs to be compact enough to carry around. as the Slik u212 is the only quality tripod I have owned, it would be helpul if you use this as a basis of comparison to your recommendations. Also, to save money would you suggest using the head from the Slik when buying a new tripod to save money. I don't expect to use a lot of crazy angles, but may do some macro work.

Thanks in advance.

Edward Greenberg's gear list:Edward Greenberg's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow