Started Nov 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gary R.
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,185
Like?
Panasonic, please give us back our REAL panorama mode
Nov 27, 2012

One "feature" of the new LX7 I immediately noticed was that the very useful, multiple-shot panorama mode was gone...the one that gives you a ghost image of the last shot, helping to line them up properly so any panorama software can stitch them easily.  It also gave you the choice of panning direction, as well as the option of reshooting any shot along the line.

Now they've got what I consider a "pointy-shooty, post on facebook-y" sweep-the-camera-while-holding-the-button mode that replaced it. The result is low resolution, auto stitched panos that you have no control over and couldn't print very large.  So the only option for a high resolution panorama now is to manually set ALL of the settings...aperture, shutter, white balance, focus, and then take your panorama shots like in the old days 10-12 years ago, with no help from the camera.

I know I saw requests on this forum for that very 'feature', after Sony and some others adopted it, and certainly if they want it, add it to the options in scene mode.  But give us back our REAL pano mode that is useful for more than just web pics.

I saw another post mentioning that this is the case on the new ZS models (having only the 'sweep' pano mode), which is another reason to stick with my ZS7.  Please, don't "dumb down" your enthusiast cameras like the LX and ZS line...at least give us the choice of which method we want to use.

-- hide signature --
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 (Lumix DMC-TZ10)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow