Hairline fractures on the OMD LCD bezel -- check yours!

Started Nov 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Zephir 750
Regular MemberPosts: 269Gear list
Like?
Re: Mine too
In reply to Promit, Nov 27, 2012

Promit wrote:

Over on mu-43.com, a user reported an issue with cracking on the plastic LCD bezel of the OMD. A surprising number of users are reporting that upon inspecting their cameras, there is in fact some fracturing on the bezel. See the original thread for photo evidence:

http://www.mu-43.com/f42/omd-em5-crack-bottom-bezel-screen-normal-36685/index2.html

I've got the cracking too, just the faintest hint of a hairline fracture. But it is definitely there, originating from the center screw in the bottom of the bezel. This is likely where most of us are grabbing the LCD to tilt it away from the body, and apparently the piece is weaker than expected.

Can you all please check your cameras to see if you're seeing similar fracturing? It sounds like this might actually be a fairly widespread problem.

I bought mine less than a month ago, and its LCD lower bezel is cracked as well. Besides. I do not remember tilting it more than once may be twice.

Overall the camera is nice: nevertheless, what a disappointment, Olympus!!

Zephir 750's gear list:Zephir 750's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Leica M8.2 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Leica M9-P +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
HmmNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow