Help updating an old Mac Pro

Started Nov 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
SR Works
Regular MemberPosts: 103
Like?
Re: Help updating an old Mac Pro
In reply to EricWN, Nov 27, 2012

Thanks everyone. Seems like you're confirming what I suspected - that the Mac Pros, whether a refurbished model or an updated version of my old computer isn't worth it.

I guess that leaves me with a choice between the new iMacs, the MacBook Pro and the Mini. I have a NEC pa241w monitor so I lean towards the Mini, but I'm sure the 27-inch iMac would be really nice.

Do you think one of these machines would be better than the other for post-production work or do you think they're all fairly similar in terms of performance?

And Jen, thanks so much for the comforting words regarding the step from my Mac Pro to a Mac Mini! It is indeed a brave new world - I used to show up for location photo shoots with a ton of lights and gear, now I can often use a few Nikon speed lights and a high ISO. It's all good and I wouldn't mind trading my hulking Mac Pro's footprint for a stealthy Mini anyway, as long as it can do the job.

Stuart

-- hide signature --

www.stuartruckman.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow