About to buy camera for wife

Started Nov 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
BobSC
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,292
Like?
Re: About to buy camera for wife
In reply to Nikeman123, Nov 27, 2012

Nikeman123 wrote:

letsionizers just ask this. If you guys had $700 or so for a camera what would you buy? I like to surprise my wife but I don't want to get something and find out later I should have gotten something else. At the same time she will not tell me if she doesn't like it so there's the dilemma. I guess I could wrap the bestbuy credit card with a note but where's the fun in that?

You could make buying the camera a date. That might be fun. Wouldn't be fun with my wife though. She hates stores like that.

As far as the megapixels go, it is one factor that determines who large a print you can make. Noise plays a role too. So does lens quality. So does knowing how to do it.

I have this old Nikon Coolpix 5000 (not p5000). It's more than 10 years old. It has a smallish 5 megapixel sensor. Way smaller than APSc. I took a photo on a trip, and my boss liked it. Told me to make a 36x48 print. He loves it. Sure, you can see the lack of detail, especially if you get right up close to it. But that's not how most people view big prints.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow