F770 vs F550 direct sun shot

Started Mar 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Gordon W
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,539Gear list
Like?
Re: F770 & F550
In reply to D1GRIZZ, Nov 27, 2012

D1GRIZZ wrote:

I just purchased a sx260 and took my first direct sunlight pics today. They came out with horrible flaring and I'm pretty dissapointed. I havn't tried direct street lights yet, but i will tonight to see if it does it there too. Otherwise I am really liking the camera, but there is still a lot of testing to do before I decide to keep it. Did you get one?

No. I got a Canon S100 instead and kept it because it didn't exhibit such flaring, as seen in the second row of photos in this gallery...

http://www.pbase.com/merriwolf/fuji_f550

The S100 doesn't have as much zoom as I want, but it has quite good IQ.

I'm also considering a sony dsc hx30v and may switch to that if too many issues come up with the sx260. Do you have any experience with the sony?

I know nothing about the Sony HX30V, but I've seen some of the same kind of flaring around direct sun shots taken with the RX100 but to a much less degree.

Looks like no one has yet come out with the perfect travel zoom compact.

-- hide signature --

Regards, Gordon
_
Photography since 1950 • Digital since 1999
My online photo galleries

Gordon W's gear list:Gordon W's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F550 EXR Canon PowerShot S100 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Canon EOS 400D +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow