F770 vs F550 direct sun shot

Started Mar 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Gordon W
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,710Gear list
Re: F770 & F550
In reply to D1GRIZZ, Nov 27, 2012

D1GRIZZ wrote:

I just purchased a sx260 and took my first direct sunlight pics today. They came out with horrible flaring and I'm pretty dissapointed. I havn't tried direct street lights yet, but i will tonight to see if it does it there too. Otherwise I am really liking the camera, but there is still a lot of testing to do before I decide to keep it. Did you get one?

No. I got a Canon S100 instead and kept it because it didn't exhibit such flaring, as seen in the second row of photos in this gallery...

The S100 doesn't have as much zoom as I want, but it has quite good IQ.

I'm also considering a sony dsc hx30v and may switch to that if too many issues come up with the sx260. Do you have any experience with the sony?

I know nothing about the Sony HX30V, but I've seen some of the same kind of flaring around direct sun shots taken with the RX100 but to a much less degree.

Looks like no one has yet come out with the perfect travel zoom compact.

-- hide signature --

Regards, Gordon
Photography since 1950 • Digital since 1999
My online photo galleries

Gordon W's gear list:Gordon W's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F550 EXR Canon PowerShot S100 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Canon EOS 400D +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow