Brutally honest review of the EOS M.

Started Nov 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
kevindar
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,735Gear list
Like?
Re: Brutally honest review of the EOS M.
In reply to EngineSkull, Nov 27, 2012

I have seen his reviews before.  he tries to be fare, though he is generally not a big fan of canon (he is a nikon shooter himslef if I remember from one of his reviews), but I find him generally objective.

He actually did not hate the camera.  The slow autofocus speed, and lack of evf are big minuses.  Having shot with the nex 5n, I can tell you the experience become a lot better once I bought the EVF for it.  on board flash is noce to have as fill flash primarily, and in the cases of emergency.

As for the sensor goes. I think canon has a very decen low light shooting.  the primary shortfall of canon sensor remains its more limite dynamic range, compared to all cameras using sony sensor.  If you compare the camera to the olympus OMD em5 or sony nex 5N or 6, you would find it a little less compelling.

kevindar's gear list:kevindar's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow