About to buy camera for wife

Started Nov 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
happysnapper64
Senior MemberPosts: 4,479Gear list
Like?
Re: About to buy camera for wife
In reply to Nikeman123, Nov 27, 2012

The beauty of a DSLR to one person can be a drawback to another. Like, the changeable lens system is what a DSLR is all about, getting the correct lens for the job in hand. That means having to buy & carry a number of different lenses when you go out. This is too much of a hassle for some, so they buy fixed lens cameras with a 20-30x optical zoom lens. If you both had the same make of DSLR then you could interchange lenses. Remember Canon lenses & Nikon lenses are NOT interchangeable. However, as has been said already, if you want to buy without her knowing, buy from a shop with a returns policy, then if she is not happy she can go choose one herself. I do think it's great that the 2 of you can share a hobby. My wife has started to show an interest, & when we go out together it's so much more enjoyable. Good hunting my friend.

-- hide signature --

lee uk.
There are old pilots, & there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots.

happysnapper64's gear list:happysnapper64's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PL5 Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow