Pro Photographer always only had DSLRs looking for a sidekick camera (enthusiast compact)

Started Nov 26, 2012 | Questions thread
Draek
Senior MemberPosts: 2,028Gear list
Like?
Re: Pro Photographer always only had DSLRs looking for a sidekick camera (enthusiast compact)
In reply to Alpha Jack, Nov 27, 2012

Alpha Jack wrote:

Ergonomics can be overcome. If someone wants creative control over DOF it requires a combination that includes a sensor large enough for the job. As for price that is purely personal. A pro understands that they might have to pay more for the right tool.

My only issue is that I've typically found the combination of the notion that "ergonomics can be overcome" along with a fixation on DOF is much more typical of inexperienced newcomers than actual professionals. It's like hearing "I want a camera that makes sharp photos" from a pro, it's weirdly disorienting.

The OP has determined his preference. Why question it? If you don't understand it, then why comment at all unless you are being open minded and willing to consider the answer?

I did, hence my suggestion.

Draek's gear list:Draek's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Samsung TL500 Canon PowerShot A1200 Sony Alpha DSLR-A390
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow