Started Nov 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TractionMan
Forum MemberPosts: 91Gear list
Like?
Proud new owner of an A77!
Nov 27, 2012

I've been thinking about getting a new camera for quite some time now since my good old KM5D is getting a bit tired. Sony being the obvious choice considering I've got a (for me at least) nice collection of lenses. However, I've been reluctant to actually "pull the trigger" and go ahead with a purchase. This because of my, for the past two years, quite dormant interest in photography. Luckily this changed about a month ago when a friend of mine wanted me to tag along on a little hike to find some suitable spots for early morning portraits. Needless to say, I got hooked again and a couple of days later I suddenly had an urge to get a new camera body. Initially I aimed for the A57, but the I started to compare it to the A65 mostly out of curiosity, one thing led to another and I finally ended up with the A77 instead. And I'm glad I did! Wow this is a serious step up from my good old KM5D. So much fun to shoot with this camera. Actually, I can't remember when I had this much fun with photography.

Though I'd share a few test shots as well.

A77 + Tamron 17-50, 2.8:

A77 + Minolta 100-400 APO:

A77 + Skywatcher Explorer 150PDS (newtonian reflector). It was a bit too hazy when tried to shoot the moon through the telescope (my first time trying this):

So much I need to learn about this camera, but it's so much fun!

TractionMan's gear list:TractionMan's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D Sony SLT-A77 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +5 more
Pentax K-m (K2000) Sony SLT-A57 Sony SLT-A65 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow