Contributing MemberPosts: 954Gear list
Like?
Re: 12/2 limited edition now the same price
In reply to sgoldswo, Nov 27, 2012

sgoldswo wrote:

Mark B UK wrote:

sgoldswo wrote:

Mark B UK wrote:

I'd like to thank the OP for bringing this to my attention. Amazon accepted my order at the reduced price, and it's shipping tomorrow :-). Sadly the price is now back up to a premium level.

Same here, with thanks to the OP.

Mine arrived this morning, looking forward to trying it out next week.

So did mine. I'm embarrassed to admit my plan A was to offload it immediately via eBay, especially given that the Amazon UK price is now back up to £949 and most retailers are out of stock. But I look one look at the lens and it's such a beautiful little thing, I'm tempted to keep it. Plus I'm hoping to be sent either a free 45mm or a voucher toward a 60 macro by Olympus UK under the recent promotion and it would be nice to have the two small primes as alternatives to the Lumix 12-35 I have and the 35-100 I hope will be delivered next week. Rightly or wrongly I believe equipment selection does influence photographic style and I think being limited to two primes can create slightly different picture-taking approaches that can be well suited to certain subjects.

I had a similar plan, but then saw the lens which is now on the front of my E-PL5...

I think there's something about the way it looks that makes it hard to part with. Very small, solid, and precisely made. Mounted on my E-M5 t actually reminds me of the Leica M6 and 35 1.4 ASPH I had between 1994 and about 2008, when I finally gave up on film. If I can also get the 60mm Macro to go with it, I see this as an alternative system in which whatever lens isn't on the camera is instead in my pocket, which can be useful in situations such as business trips when I don't want to carry a gadget bag containing the two Lumix 2.8 zooms (which look tiny relative to FF optics but are huge compared to the two Zuikos with their 46mm filter size...)

Mark B UK's gear list:Mark B UK's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow