D600 over exposure help

Started Nov 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
rpps
Senior MemberPosts: 1,275Gear list
Like?
Re: D600 over exposure help
In reply to qbo, Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for your tips guys.

I mainly shoot landscapes but compared to my D700 which always seemed to obtain a darker exposure the D600 at times is much lighter in exposure. But it's not a big problem as I can usually fix the RAW file in CNX2.

I always try to shoot so the highlights are not overblown, the shadow areas are much easy to rectify than blown out highlights such as the sky and I usually shoot in Matrix mode as I do with my D700. I'm finding using the EV set to  - 0.7 or - 1.0 is working OK  for me for these occasions  which is probably normal. I don't want to keep this as a permanent fix in the Menu option b5  as it is not needed when shooting subjects where light is more evenly spread through out the frame. Just at times when you have half bright skies and darker foregrounds. Here's some examples of un-altered photos and then with the edited version done in CNX2

Raw file edited using CNX2

RAW file un-edited

un-edited

edited in CNX2

rpps's gear list:rpps's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D600 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow